Repair the certificate
To Repair the Certificate Store:
- Open MMC (Microsoft Management Console) to the Certificate Manager (Certificates Snap-in) for the Local Computer account.
- Double-Click on the recently imported certificate (It will be missing the golden key).
- Go to the Details tab.
- Click on the Serial Number field and copy down that number. (Leave window open)
- Open up Power Shell.
- Type: certutil -repairstore my “SerialNumber” (inserting the serial number of the certificate in question.)
- After running the command, go back to the MMC and right-click Certificates and select “Refresh”.
- You should now see the golden key associated with the certificate.
- Double-check in the Exchange Power Shell with: Get-ExchangeCertificate.
Note: When you get the certificate serial number from the details tab it will be in the format “04 38 db c4 fb 37 19”. The correct syntax of the command is as follows:
certutil -repairstore my 0438dbc4fb3719
Then use the – Import-ExchangeCertificate -FileData ([Byte]$(Get-Content -Path c:\autodiscover.lapidot.com\autodiscover.cer -Encoding byte -ReadCount 0))